View Single Post
Old 17.09.2009, 23:20
sid7121 sid7121 is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Baden
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
sid7121 has no particular reputation at present
Re: can I travel to Schengen contries

View Post
I also have a D visa. But from my understanding D visa is only within Switzerland and not to other Shengen countries. At least that was what I was told by the police and what is stated on the visa. I am not sure about multi entry, but I dont think you can travel to other countries with that. Best to check with the canton office in your area.
If you have the word Vaut comme titre de séjour written on your visa and its MULT when its recognised as a schengen visa.

(4)The following residence permits in particular are recognised: legitimation card of the FDFA (all categories), permits B, C, L – and the national category D which states "Vaut comme titre de séjour – valid as residence authorization"..
Reply With Quote