View Single Post
Old 02.10.2009, 23:50
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Raaaabert has an excellent reputationRaaaabert has an excellent reputationRaaaabert has an excellent reputationRaaaabert has an excellent reputation
Re: [Everything] Bluewin TV

Quote:
View Post
That'll save me a few francs down at Paddy's! Where did the rumour originate?
Yeah I started the rumour,A Conundrum (and EPL pay-per-view)

It still hasn't happened and it's not looking like it will happen any time soon. Can't get a definite strait answer out of Swisscom. I might try reaproaching the original sales assistant about her claim. Basically - in a nutshell it was on the cards and they even had promo material in some shops apparently but has hit a hurdle in negotiations. Could be all bullshit but its all I know.

Other news:

1) Swisscom's Bluewin service is excellent. I connected everything in one bang, phone, internet and Bluewin and it worked seamlessly. I did have to call the helpline once but they solved the problem on the phone immediately - in near perfect English! Been using it 2 weeks now and love the variety of British channels available. It might not be as good as satellite but its good enough. There's always something to watch. BBC1-4, ITV1-4, Five plus others. The other night there was a selection of 4 Champions League games (albeit only two in English).

2) The selection of on-demand movies is quite extensive and if I was Blockbuster or any other such rental service I'd be seriously sweating about the future as the combination of broadband technology and intelligent networks is going to put traditional rentals out of business. Hmm remands me of a technology book I studied once during my masters that foretells such innovations and their impact on the market - here if anyone's interested http://www.amazon.com/Blown-Bits-Eco.../dp/087584877X

At least in Switzerland it will - the Swisscom network is outstanding. I come from Australia and compared to there, the infrastructure and service here is at least twice as good of the same price if not less!!! Except mobile pricing - Australia is waaaay in front of Switzerland there.

Oh yeah some/most? movies can be heard in their original version (English) you can see on the information screen of the selected movie. You can also watch a preview.

Ramble. End.

Last edited by Raaaabert; 03.10.2009 at 00:06.
This user would like to thank Raaaabert for this useful post: