View Single Post
Old 04.10.2009, 13:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,410 Times in 2,314 Posts
Captain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dentist costs.. a filling?

Quote:
View Post
In August I lost half my tooth.

The final bill was about 350 chf, in Baden, for rebuilding half my tooth. This was not a crown, "just" a filling.

And the dentist was bloody good! The "wrong" dentist can make life difficult for a while.
Thanks Rangatiranui. That was not just an ordinary filling, but a build-up filling, possibly with screw posts to attach it to the remaining tooth material etc. The bill may have comprised an initial assessment, an x-ray picture, depending on the situation of the pulp (= nerve & Co.) possibly an insulating coping, adhesive techniques for enamel, dentin etc., said screws or suchlike and maybe a few more items. The average time to do such is around 40 minutes plus the additional time mentioned in my previous post. So 350 CHF seem to make perfect sense.