Thread: mountain passes
View Single Post
Old 07.10.2009, 11:52

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
fatih.erol has made some interesting contributions
mountain passes

After watching an old episode of Top Gear about best driving roads in Europe, we had a road trip to davos last week, which was really fun. The scenery in the mountains were beautiful, and the weather was lovely. I'd suggest such a trip, if you like mountains and driving. We left from Zurich, to Davos, to Swiss National Park, to the dam in italian border (lago di livigno), to St. Moritz, to Chur, and back to Zurich. It would have been better to have left earlier to avoid too late a turn, but it was also fun when we saw this toboggan ride place, which happens to be the longest in Europe with 3100 m. http://www.pradaschier.ch
I wish I had received my permit back from prolongation, and could get a taste of the Stelvio pass, too, before it's closed.

Hoping the weather will not be bad, I am planning to try the Innertkirchen-Wassen-Andermatt-Grimsel ring, with the Furka pass and Rhone Glacier. Does anyone know of some cheap accomodation in the region, to be able to turn it into a two-day trip and explore some more mountain roads there before the winter hits on the roads ;-)
The following 2 users would like to thank fatih.erol for this useful post: