View Single Post
Old 09.10.2009, 13:37

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
cmjohno has an excellent reputationcmjohno has an excellent reputationcmjohno has an excellent reputationcmjohno has an excellent reputation
Re: Running shoes advice

Gypsyspears,
I haven't got specific advice for where to go in Zurich, as I have always got my shoes back in London.

However... (the useful and positive bit)

1) DO take your old running shoes in, as any half-smart assistant can use the wear on the tread to start recommending shoes.

2) As suggested, running on a belt and being analysed is a top tip, but failing that, try on the shoe with normal running socks and have a quick run around the shop or up/down the street. You may look strange , but it is worthwhile as it helps discount lots of shoes immediately.

3) Make the investment in "running shoes" if you are training for another race. DON'T use this for other activities such as gym/tennis/football as you will decrease the support and stability that a proper running shoe affords. This is particularly important if you are building up to longer races.

4) Lastly don't be afraid to take your time and spend some $$$. Price doesn't necessarily mean better, but a good shoe will prevent injuries especially impact related problems to shins and knees.

Good luck
The following 2 users would like to thank cmjohno for this useful post: