View Single Post
Old 11.10.2009, 13:20

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
advntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Running shoes advice

Just wanted to second the 5 Fingers input -- I love mine. I do all my speed work sessions in them, with the cool-down barefoot. For road running over mixed urban surfaces, I use Nike Free. For trail, I have 6 pairs from various manufacturers that I rotate through, based on terrain, conditions, length of run, etc.

For the past year I've been using the (free) website attackpoint.org to track my training sessions. Nice site that allows a coach or friends to follow your training, comment on it , etc. The site has a feature that tracks your shoes. You enter in each pair, including the distance you've already logged in them, and then when you enter your training/racing runs, you pick the shoes you wore and now you're tracking the distance per shoe. It gives good insight into how various shoes hold up for you and helps in deciding when to replace, rotate, etc. Probably other training log sites/apps that do this as well ... in the end it's just been nice to have some tool to make it easy to track.
This user would like to thank advntur for this useful post: