View Single Post
Old 12.10.2009, 11:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,410 Times in 2,314 Posts
Captain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile phone to use in the US

I totally agree with dawiz. Apart from that, I'd like to warn you against using a phone from Europe in the USA without an American card. With all the roaming charges it's extremely expensive.

For instance, if you forget to completely switch off your answering machine (the one from the GSM service provider, not a physical one at your office in Switzerland), it can cost you a fortune because every call to your European number is redirected to the USA, where you can't answer because you are outside of those GSM ghettos, then it is redirected back to Switzerland and recorded on your voice mail, where again you have to listen to it from the USA. Each of these redirection processes (three in that case) costs you several bucks a minute.

"This is AMAZING! I have the exact amount of money Joe Biden has cost us playing golf in my sweatpants pocket!" Kona Lowell