View Single Post
Old 14.10.2009, 08:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 502 Times in 402 Posts
Thanked 22,855 Times in 9,253 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Running shoes advice

Quote:
View Post

I've tried out various slip-on spikes and landed on Kahtoola's micro spikes. http://www.kahtoola.com/microspikes.html Excellent for snow and ice running. They never fall off (unlike all the others I tested) and they are perfect for variable winter conditions (excellent grip without getting in the way of running). I throw them in my backpack for winter runs along the Albis Ridge and just pull them on once I hit the snowy/icy parts of the trail. The only downside is that you can't just head out the door in them (to run on the non-snowy bits on the way to the hills). With some of the other slip-on spikes (more designed for walking to the train than winter trail running) and some of the shoes with built-in spikes, you could actually run on them even when not on the snow. It's never been a problem for me though because I do all my winter trail runs with a backpack.
Excellent - snow chains for the feet! - Thanks for the advice