View Single Post
Old 16.10.2009, 19:51

Groaned at 10 Times in 2 Posts
crfesi is considered knowledgeablecrfesi is considered knowledgeablecrfesi is considered knowledgeable
Please Help! Anyone Married a U.S. Citizen? Your suggestions, please!

Hi, I am American and my boyfriend is Swiss. I was just in Switzerland on a Tourist Visa for three months living with my boyfriend and now I came back to America, because I didn't want to get in trouble overstaying my tourist Visa. We have both been back and forth in the last year twice each, me to Switzerland and him to the U.S. I came back to apply for a Fiance Visa, but it is a long process and it means that we will have to stay in our own countries for months apart while paperwork is processed and we don't want to do this. We really didn't want to get married to stay together, but it seems this is the only way. I want to come back to Switzerland as soon as possible. I know I have to stay out of the EU for 30 days before I return. Is it possible to get married on a Tourist Visa? And is it easier for him to come here and get married in the U.S. (justice of the peace) and then return together OR for me to come back to Switzerland and get married there? I want to be able to get my B permit. I have read a lot on both these issues and haven't gotten any straight answers. Can someone who has experience with this please help me. I am tired of this long distance and going back and forth to the U.S. and Switzerland. I want to be able to be with my boyfriend and be able to work and live a "normal" life. Please help! Tell me the easiest solution.