View Single Post
Old 16.10.2009, 20:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 96 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,338 Posts
evilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please Help!! Anyone Marry a U.S. Citizen??? Your suggestiosn Please!

Quote:
View Post
Have your boyfriend take a look at this: http://www.bfm.admin.ch/bfm/de/home/...dergesetz.html

Also, have him ask at the local Migrationsamt for what would be the quicker option:

1. apply for a fiance visa for you, marriage in Switzerland, .....
2. get married in the US and then apply for a residence permit under the family reunification rules.

I suspect option 2 would be quicker.

Your boyfriend is Swiss. He should be able to get the answers with a few phonecalls. If he isn't willing to help out, then maybe you should consider something else.

I am not going to comment as to what I think is the best choice as it seems like you're a big enough girl. Do what you think is appropriate.
Point 2 is not true.

I came here on a tourist visa (I'm American, he's Swiss). My husband (well, fiance at the time) and I went to the town hall here a few days later, submitted all the paperwork and I was issued an L visa (temporary). The marriage request was approved, and we were married a few months later.

Do some searches here on EF, there are several threads about there here.
The following 3 users would like to thank evilshell for this useful post: