View Single Post
Old 16.10.2009, 23:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 20 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,204 Posts
amaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please Help!! Anyone Marry a U.S. Citizen??? Your suggestiosn Please!

my hubby and i got married in the states (he's french, i'm american) and it was no problem to get a b-permit. it was relatively easy and he isn't swiss, but has residency.

in terms of a job, i am also an esl teacher- and depending on what kind of teaching you want to do, the language schools that offer positions are not really what you may be used to in the states- so just beware.

back to the- o.p.- the paperwork of marriage is the easiest part! but if you're not sure that you want to be married just yet- personally i would say wait a bit more and if your relationship can stand a bit of abnormality for a while, it's a stronger relationship! . the fiancee permit may be a blessing in giving you time to get everything in order and see how life is together before you make the plunge!

best of luck to you!