View Single Post
Old 19.10.2009, 19:01

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
vasilisgr325 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Can I travel to Schengen countries ?

Along the same lines, I am a US citizen who just arrived in Switzerland. My flight connected in Copenhagen, where I went through the passport control, then into Geneva, but my visa (type D) was never checked, just the normal passport stamping in Copenhagen. My visa says "Suisse+ 1 transit Schengen" is valid from oct-dec, with duration of stay "XXX", and remarks: Motif Professionnel. I went to controle des habitants, filled out the paperwork and they told me it might take up to a month (maybe longer) to get my work permit. I have an address here now and everything, what I am wondering is if I can leave Switzerland to go to another country (Schengen? non Schengen but in Europe? or USA?) for a few days (does duration matter as long as it is <3 months) by plane or by train? Hopefully someone who has been through this similar situation can help me. I figure that I am a US citizen so in case I fly anywhere, why should it matter? (sorry but i'm new to these things...someone said you could apply for multiple entries as well? Maybe this will help?) Any help is much appreciated!