Thread: tax deductable
View Single Post
Old 08.05.2007, 23:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: tax deductable

Quote:
View Post
Hi

Does anyone know just roughly what is tax deductable for self employed here

I know the general answer is all legit business expenses

Have seen two accountants One says my children education fees at private school are if we can prove there were no suitable local school the other said this was not possible

How about cost of running a czr for business use The first accountant said it was deductable the second said no you must take the train and claim that -very confusing
Not quite sure I can think as abstractly as Dave but you can deduct all sorts of things depending on the structure of your self employment. If this is through a GmbH or SA then you can put more or less what you want in the package that you receive and this can then easily include childrens education.

A car is a no brainer irrespective - it would appear your accountant No. 2 is a jerk. How would you claim back the train fairs if your job was selling insurance within a country district where the trains did not go? Or if the trains stopped running at 8pm as if often the case. Car is not going to be the problem, childrens education is what sets a challenge...