View Single Post
Old 28.10.2009, 12:43
Roddy21 Roddy21 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Meilen
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Roddy21 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Accounting designations

There are companies in Switzerland that prefer IFRS and some that prefer US GAAP or Swiss GAAP. So it depends on what job you apply for as the CPA is US GAAP and the Canadian CA is IFRS. Companies that prefer Swiss GAAP are unlikely to hire you cause of your forgien designation. Many multinational companies might require a broad knowledge of various GAAPs in which case the important thing is to get qualified in either in order to get going. The CPA is easier and has more flexible sitting oppertunities but if you plan to return to Canada one day then do the local thing. After qualification experience will be viewed as the key and big 4 is sometimes invaluable, even if it is a drag for a bit. But unless you want to make a career out of it don't spend to long in audit, you'll get pigeon holed.
Reply With Quote