View Single Post
Old 29.10.2009, 07:05
RIP

Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
jbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of Unemployment benefits - what happens?

This is true. About 8 years ago, I was refused Unemployment benefit (I had been working outside of CH for over 18 months and my contributions were 1 month too little to qualify for RAV)

The social security people found me work with the refuge collection department for about 5 months. (60 percent work)

They calculated a family budget for about 5200 chf (my wife, myself and my stepson)

My wife was earning 1800 chf in a part time job, and the money we earned was deducted from this budget and we received the extra top up.

Once I found a job back in IT we had to repay all the money we were given. Better system than in the UK in my opinion.

It was not as bad as it sounds. The job was hard work and really cold over Winter, but the people I worked with were very friendly and at the end of it, I was very fit and positive - but glad to get back to my "normal" work.
The following 2 users would like to thank jbrady for this useful post: