View Single Post
Old 30.10.2009, 18:09

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
PHakutangwi has no particular reputation at present
Re: French husband - South African wife

Hello there. My advise to you is to speak officially to the authorities. I am from Zimbabwe and had problems when i assumed everything will be ok. for example although i have my resident permit (my husband is norwerian) everytime i get out of switzerland to go to another schengen country i have been advised to still carry my passport. the rules differ from country to country.

I also had a bad experience with the swiss authorities when i tried to register myself, they would not speak English, my advise if get your husband to do all the homework. what happened in my case was that my husband's employer had to send documents to the Swiss Embassy in Zimbabwe confirming that i was a spouse and that my husband had been moved to Switzerland. After 3 weeks I got a visa to travel to Switzerland and it was only when i was in Switzerland that my resident permit was processed

this website might also shed light on some issues you might have

http://www.bfm.admin.ch/bfm/en/home/.../einreise.html

good luck

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I have read through as many forums as I can find and I am sorry that I have to ask the same question that a ton of others have asked but I am just not clear on the new 2008 laws.
My husband is French, working in Switzerland with a work permit. My duaghter and I are South African living in South Africa and will be joining my husband in a few months. I just want to clarify that we both automaticaly qualify for residency permits? Do I understand correctly that I also now automaticaly qualify for a work permit?

I also have another question, what is the average cost of basic medical insurance for a family of three?

Thanks again for all your help!!

p.s I have been advised on so many books about living in switzerland, but what would you say is the most practical book to buy?