View Single Post
Old 10.05.2007, 18:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,072 Times in 4,510 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesco sends DVDs 1,400 miles to SWitzerland to save 1.56

Quote:
View Post
Do you buy out of season fruit and veg? why is this any more scandalous than shipping strawberries from South Africa just so they are availiable all year round?

I agree it's not very green but it's no less green than a lot of other things that go on every day of people would just stop and think about them!
Ummm.. As a matter of fact, I most certainly do not buy fruit, veg nor meat from South Africa! I try very hard to make sure that what I buy comes from Switzerland or at the very least the countries close to it. I try not to buy any fresh fruit or veg out of season. I don't buy strawberries in the winter. In fact, I don't even buy strawberries in the summer if they are not Swiss... and I have strawberry (and tomato) plants growing on my balcony as we speak.

I can't say I don't buy ANYTHING from "overseas" but I try not to.

Shipping strawberries from South Africa IS scandalous!
But, having said that, they only go one way! they don't come here then turn around & go right back....