View Single Post
Old 10.11.2009, 12:59

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Nadia77 has an excellent reputationNadia77 has an excellent reputationNadia77 has an excellent reputationNadia77 has an excellent reputation
Re: im non eu(south african),girlfriend is eu with b permit

Quote:
View Post
I'm suspicious of that and would suggest trying again via Pretoria. I'm a non-EU (American) C-permit holder and am in the final stages of 'importing' my wife, a South African. We were married in Durban in August under the Civil Union act, which covers both gay folks and heterosexual couples outside of the context of religion. Furthermore, Switzerland has same-sex unions. We went through a panic initially when we discovered there were two marriage laws in ZA, but all seems OK.

The Swiss embassy in Pretoria did not have a problem with it. I've received a letter from the Kantonal Migrationsamt asking for more documents (rental contract, sworn affidavit, translated police certificate) and there was no issue with the Civil Unions Act marriage certificate. We are expecting things to be finalized any day now.

I agree. It is an international law/treaty that Switzerland is part of, or so I understand.
I just called Swss embassy in Pretoria and they said that they need to see unabridged marriage certificate.. Is this what you presented to them? Can I ask if it states on there Civil Union or whether is states marriage? All very confusing...