View Single Post
Old 14.05.2007, 14:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Import Duties and Tariffs

Quote:
View Post
Seeing as I just got into this here is the information I have:

www.tares.ch shows you the duty to be paid on imports. You have to click a few times to get to the right page and it is not that clear what to do when you arrive... But it is bloody good when you get the hang of it...

Interestingly more or less the whole of the duty section of the swiss government website is NOT in English...

If anybody needs any specific help or wants to know the duty and cannot work it out themselves and it is not on the little form at every border crossing then I will let you have it - so to speak...
Ok, I'm just not getting the hang of this site!
I haven't found anything on textiles. Can you tell me if there is a section on importing textiles? (fabric, not finished goods)

When we import we need to pay both VAT and import duty? Is that correct? Does this page you suggest indicate how much these might be?