View Single Post
Old 14.12.2005, 17:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MFK - MOT- TUV car test

Quote:
if you have non-original wheels then ..... you need a Bewiligung. I had this on my old Saab and passed no problem. Also for the non-standard exhaust.

So.... Bewilligung Bewilligung Bewilligung...!

And don't forget to have the engine and underside steam-cleaned before you go - if it's manky in the engine bay then they are likely to fail you too. Ask your garage to prepare the car for MFK They'll even take it - for a price - to the STVA.
Yeah great to know after the event though isn't it. I added it to the tips section in the hope it won't annoy somebody else. As for the getting the garage to prepare the car it costs more than the test so why not let the guys test it and correct the faults - it is so much cheaper. And hey hey getting them to drive it there is a joke - CHF 175 per hour and it takes two hours to drive there have it done and drive back. Merry Christmas they say...

Richard