View Single Post
Old 24.11.2009, 01:02
All mod cons

Groaned at 301 Times in 236 Posts
Thanked 19,651 Times in 7,732 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Everything] Bluewin TV

Just signed up today for Swisscom TV Plus (apparently they've finally changed "Bluewin" to a more sensible name). I wanted to let everyone know of the deal I got because it looks good to me!

I already have Swisscom telephony and Infinity internet (fastest speed available, 20 MBit/s). So now I've added:
  • Swisscom TV Plus @ CHF 29.- per month (Basic costs 19.- but you can't record or use Live Pause, and can't get HD channels) -- this is normal pricing
  • 2 months free trial -- if you don't want it after 2 months, you return the box and pay nothing. If you do want it, the first two months are still free and you don't pay anything extra for the box (as per normal)
  • "Ruckus" wireless sender/receiver @ CHF 69.- (one-off payment), normally CHF 169.- (although a guy in a Swisscom shop told me CHF 199.-). Don't believe the guy in the Swisscom shop, you DO need Ruckus if you want your set-top box to be wireless (of course it's still cabled into your TV), even if you have a wireless network at home, as the set-top box has no wireless receiver.
So far, a saving of CHF 158.- if we decide to keep the system (which we will). The 2 months free offer nearly fully offsets the discounted cost of the Ruckus set-up, removing that financial risk (if you're worried that you may not want to keep Swisscom TV).

I don't know how long this offer runs for.

And to cap it all off, Swisscom is introducing a bundle from next month (I believe) called Casa -- this offers a discount of CHF 10-15 if you take the three core items from Swisscom:
  • fixed line telephony
  • Infinity internet
  • Swisscom TV Plus
Don't quote me on the exact details of the bundle as it hasn't been released yet. Swisscom-shop-guy told me the discount was going to be CHF 20.-, but I don't believe him -- he was wrong about everything else.

I'm happy with all that! And the consultant on the phone spoke perfect English, too.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Swisscom! I'm just very pleasantly surprised by the quality of their service (the consultants on the 0800 800 800 telephone number, not the guy in the shop), compared with their much larger cousin in Australia.