View Single Post
Old 21.05.2007, 14:32
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work permit (on paper), but no residence permit yet

I also registered when I first arrived, prior to getting my residence permit - but this fact is completely separate from whether your not you actually have permission to live here longer than the three months which is allowed as a "tourist". If you have lived here longer than three months, you could be in a bit of a pickle.

One forum member was deported in pretty much exactly the same situation as you. He just had a piece of paper saying he was allowed to work, but not the residence permit.

Remember registration is not the same has having a permit. If you weren't issued with one, you don't have one. End of story. Good luck however it turns out.

You should also be aware that as a non-EU additional restrictions apply - like being required to have your permission to enter the country stamped in your passport OUTSIDE Switzerland before you enter. This step is a pre-requisite before your residence permit is issued. Many people have had to then travel outside the country just to complete this formality. This requirement has been in force since at least the beginning of this year, if it is in fact new, you may have escaped it - but not the requirement to have a residence permit.