View Single Post
Old 13.12.2009, 11:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 18,574 Times in 7,577 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cell phone radiation [are mobiles hazardous to your health?]

Quote:
View Post
Apparently using a handsfree set makes it worse, as the extra wire acts as an aerial.
Quote:
View Post
J...
1. When on a call, use a wired headset ...
I'll stick to wearing my foil hat.

Although microwave ovens and mobile phones use the same wavelengths, 1 m – 100mm, the difference is that in the former, they are focused. A car headlight might have a 50w bulb, but it is a lot brighter than what we (used to) use at home. Because it focused. Anyway, the brain is very good at getting rid of any excess heat cause by microwaves from phones, which in any case is less than would be cause from sitting in direct sunlight.

btw - no one is confusing ionising radiation with rf radiation, are they? Good. Just checking.

Anyway, the latest research has found that mobile phones have no significant health effect. I do recall seeing a program where one woman complained that she'd had neck stiffness and headaches after using her mobile phone, which had gone away when she switched to handsfree. Turn out the daft bint had been tucking it between her shoulder and ear when she use it...

A 2006 study of several hundred thousand Danes, showed no increase in cancer among mobile phone users over a 20 year period.