View Single Post
Old 13.12.2009, 13:12
Forum Legend

Groaned at 106 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 5,665 Times in 2,772 Posts
Angela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cell phone radiation and minarets

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, Angela, I look forward to reading your post.

As you mention, cancer is a long latency disease. The following is from the report on radiation LINK that I mentioned in my first post. I'm not sure about the validity of the studies that are mentioned, but it does make me think that people with young children may want to more closely monitor their children's cell phone usuage.

An Israeli study of brain tumors resulting from scalp irradiation of children (average 7 years of age) with X-rays found 40 years later, that the children who were exposed when they were younger than 5 years had the highest risk (a 356% increased risk of a brain tumor), children who were irradiated between 5 and 10 years of age had a 224% increased risk, and those who were irradiated at over 10 years of age, had a 47% increased risk of a brain tumor. [37]

Brain tumor risk increases as the age of an exposed child decreases. But the age at exposure has no effect on latency time. Whether children or adults, the latency time between first exposure and brain tumor diagnosis remains the same (~30 years). [37]

If the risk of brain tumors is still increasing after 40 years from a single X-ray to the scalp, could it also be that risk of brain tumors would still be increasing 40 years after children first started using cellphones? In response to this question the appropriate thing to do would be to take precautionary measures now instead of taking no action and waiting to see what may
happen. See Appendix 2, The Precautionary Principle Applied to Cellphone Use for a description of appropriate actions.

Compounding this concern is a recently published Swedish study reporting a 420% increased risk of brain tumors from cellphone use, and a 340% increase risk from cordless phone use when wireless phone use began as teenagers or younger. [30
Thanks for the link I will check it out on monday...sunday is my non science day . I see what I find