View Single Post
Old 16.12.2009, 20:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 45 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 1,036 Times in 437 Posts
Downerbuzz has a reputation beyond reputeDownerbuzz has a reputation beyond reputeDownerbuzz has a reputation beyond reputeDownerbuzz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
I don't think that Jews have a right to a state because of their claim to the land. they were given the land by the post-war western powers to make up for the Holocaust. The Arabs had no say in it whatsoever. I personally feel that this was unjust but must now be accepted by the Arabs simply because Jews have been persecuted throughout history and they are entitled to some kind of security adn mercy. I think that it was unfair on the Arabs to impose a state, but even more I feel that it unfair that it swept under the carpet the whole issue of anti-semitism in Europe, which still exists. The Arabs paid for the failures of the Europeans to take responsibilty for the Holocaust.

Yet you overlook the anti-semitism of the Arabs. The Arabs were handed the lion's share of the mandate but that wasn't enough for them, they didn't want the jews to have anything. Unfortunately for them it didn't work out the way they hoped.