View Single Post
Old 17.12.2009, 06:51
hoppy

Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

This is Guardian article written by Daniel Machover an Israeli human rights lawyer. I was lucky enough to speak to a Israeli Arab human rights lawyer after he had given a recent lecture. I really feel tremendous admiration for the work that these people do, often at great danger to their own personal safety.

A proposed letter to Livni.

"
Quote:
It does seem, however, that a judicial decision was taken that there exists a reasonable suspicion that you committed a grave breach of the Fourth Geneva Convention, which is a criminal offence under our Geneva Conventions Act 1957. Of course, I have not seen any of the evidence that a court would have seen when making that decision. This is entirely right and proper: British ministers cannot interfere in such individual judicial decisions, as we must respect our ancient democratic tradition of non-interference with our independent judiciary. I hold the utmost respect for our independent judges.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...nd-tzipi-livni
I have tried my best to reference this properly. Please accept my apologies if it is incorrect.