View Single Post
Old 19.12.2009, 01:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 49 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Like I said - I'm not an expert on everything, Wiki says that the band members belonged to the British army. I called it the "English army" and I apologize to anyone who defines himself as British.

Pub bombings - again, if someone attacks a pub which is frequented by civilians, then he/she is a terrorist. I beleive there was an bombing in a night club in western germany carried out by the IRA - in this case, the bombers were terrorists.

note the BBC called the IRA/ tube bombers in 7.7.2005 terrorists (same for the last attack on a British base in Ulster). but Hamas/PLO are "militants" or "gunmen". even their own reporter was kidnapped by "militants"...
It's not to do with defining yourself as British or English. It's called the British Army. End of story.

http://www.army.mod.uk/

I do not necessarily support the BBC's language. I don't think we're discussing whether Hamas are terrorists or not. This originally started when you were denying whether Lehi or Irgun were terrorists (despite the fact they also applied this definition to themselves).