View Single Post
Old 16.12.2005, 11:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are the swiss racist?

Quote:

The Irish and the Icelandics always said that they were tolerant of foreigners - which was easy because they didn't have any! Though I guess things have changed in Ireland (the republic I mean) since they started getting some imports - I bet they weren't best pleased and didn't exactly welcome them with open arms!

Mark
Hey come on Mark the Irish really don't care about a few imports. There balance of trade as far as people is concerned is second to none...

I don't think either that it is about being tolerant, but is more about fully integrating anyone that is not part of your culture. I am still shocked about the Swiss school system and its lack of flexibility in integrating students from other parts of Switzerland. This thread was originally about racism in Switzerland, but the shock is really the Swiss lack of ability, desire, need(?) to integrate people from different backgrounds even from within Switzerland itself - which in my opinion counters some of the comments made above and implies more a lack of desire to see something different or simple ignorance, and of course blatant racism...

No I am not Swiss-bashing just expressing an opinion...

Rocjard