View Single Post
Old 28.05.2007, 22:21
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Schaffhausen - too far from Zurich?

Quote:
View Post
Hi everybody, so I'm moving to Switzerland at end of June from the US via Ireland. My better half will be working at ETH Zurich. and I'll be job hunting. Anyhow have trawled the websites looking for housing, ideally furnished and available around July 1st. Have found a very nice looking flat in Schaffhausen, fully furnished, ready to move into the day we arrive in Zurich (June 25th) and 1700CHF. Landlady has been great, sent all kinds of pics, given lots of info, is going to fax me the contract. So my question is, is this too far away for a daily commute to Zurich, sbb.ch says between 39 and 49mins which seems great to me but normal for Switzerland? Am I crazy to consider living way up there, even for the first year? Thanks! Orla.
If you lived in the UK you might not consider this distance or travel time an issue, however.... and although I know people who work in Zurich and live in Basel or Zug, IMHO this is miles away. There is not much going on in Schaffhausen, so I hope you like rural. There is no need to look this far out of Zurich unless you actually want to.