View Single Post
Old 11.01.2010, 00:30
Mapache Mapache is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 60
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Mapache has earned some respectMapache has earned some respect
If we re-domicile our US business in CH, can we get residence permits?

My wife and I are US citizens who operate a US business, and for non-business reasons (we love the place) would like to reside in Switzerland. We have spent a lot of time here and have met a Swiss entrepreneur who is willing to form a GMBH with us and act as director if this will help us gain residency (the GMBH would employ us). Does anyone know if this is a valid or likely route to obtaining a residence permit? Is there a better solution? What about applying as self-employed persons? Or if our US LLC forms a new GMBH with a Swiss company and we apply for a transfer of key persons?

If anyone has any experience with residence applications for non-EU, self-employed persons or if they can recommend an attorney who can help, that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote