View Single Post
Old 11.01.2010, 14:28

Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Mapache has earned some respectMapache has earned some respect
Re: If we re-domicile our US business in CH, can we get residence permits?

Thank you guys. I'll check out Michael Bar and BDO.

Our business is unique, and we are certainly the only ones who can do the job. However, our clients are all abroad (this is an internet-based service unique to an industry that Switzerland doesn't have a lot of - it is boring, but I prefer not to say exactly what it is in order to preserve some anonymity). At present all we would bring Switzerland is tax revenue and spending power. You would think that would be enough, especially in this economy. Is it really necessary that we aim to sell to the Swiss market?

While here we have actually come up with an idea for a start-up for the Swiss market. We would fund and develop this business ourselves. I wonder if it would go over with the authorities if we set up a GMBH with a wider business definition that could own both our existing company and the new enterprise. The existing one has the advantage of being in business, while the new one has the advantage of contributing something new to the Swiss market.

I guess the risk in this overall strategy is that we contribute the time and expense of setting up a GMBH, only to have its application for our work permits denied. If that happens, we'll have to turn right around and shut down the GMBH.