View Single Post
Old 14.01.2010, 16:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Sick kids in playgroups

Hi All,

I have a bit of rant here.

I am totally exausted because my daughter has been sick since 3 days with fever, caughing and vomiting. She refuses to eat, has low patience and is difficult to handle. Poor baby, she doesn't sleep at night so we don't. I feel like a zombie...

I understand how it can be very challenging for parents who works to have to deal with a sick kid. It can be very difficult to have to find a babysitter, nanny or a family member to take care of the kid while they are at work.

In a playgroup, where the parent IS with the kid, why do they bring their kid to the playgroup if the poor thing is sick? After, we are a bunch of parents suffering for having our kid sick as well and if WE get sick too, it means day off from work, doctor appointement, etc.

I gave up going to the gym for that exact and only same reason! I was going with my daughter, leave her with the lovely lady at the gym's kindergarten and everytime, my baby will be sick and I'll miss a week or 2 of training because she was sick/contagious/weak.... It was not worthed!

Why a mom will bring her sick kid to the gym?

Anyway, rant over. I am just annoyed when parents bring their (obviously) sick kid to a place full of other kids...

Nil
The following 3 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post: