View Single Post
Old 14.01.2010, 17:17
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sick kids in playgroups

Thanks, I didn't realise the tummy viruses would hang around so long, useful to know.

Quote:
View Post
Seriously, I am pretty sure he will recognize if a kid is ill or not and in doubt rather keept them out of school for a day longer.
I still think, though, that if I took my apparently well child along to the docs on, say, Wednesday, and asked for a sick note on the basis that he last threw up on the previous Friday, they would shoo me out of the door. I mean, we're talking about a virus that hangs around in an otherwise healthy-looking kid here, is that right?

I agree it makes my flesh creep to hear parents airily complaining about how tired they are as little Johnny - who is now holding hands with MY child - was up at 4am throwing up, and sending kids with active fevers is just cruel to everyone. But otherwise I think it's just one of those parenting things you have to put up with, whilst shovelling down multivits and crossing your fingers a lot.

(Got SO caught out by the doctor's note thing when my son took a week off with chicken pox - I didn't realise I'd have to do anything other than just scribble a note myself, so merrily waved him off to school only to receive a stroppy teacher note back. This was just a few weeks after we moved out here, so that was a retrospective doctor's note was an interesting challenge to pull off in my pitiful French.)

kodokan