View Single Post
Old 14.01.2010, 18:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sick kids in playgroups

Quote:
View Post
If you catch a mild version of CP, it can reoccur.. just so as you know.
Yes, I know it's one of those illnesses that you mostly only have once, but not definitely. Hopefully their pox was just bad enough - somewhere between 50-70 or so spots each, 'no' to fever for my son but 'yes' for my daughter. They were both marvellous about not scratching after I showed them some Google images of post-pox scars . And antihistamine syrup probably helped, they never complained of itching.

The stuff I got from the chemist, white calamine lotion, was a nightmare. I put a little on my son's spots the first day, and it crusted into the spots and looked horrific. Chucked the rest away, and used tea tree oil instead, which had the aesthetic benefit of being clear. They're both scar-free.

I would happily have got a vaccine - they've had all the other jabs, so why not - but it's not available in the UK and they succumbed too soon after arriving here for me to investigate whether you can get it here or not.

kodokan