View Single Post
Old 15.01.2010, 09:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,030 Times in 1,176 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ricardo bidding system rant!

I do a lot of selling on Ricardo (my abandoned gadgets need to go somewhere :-) and have to say that I absolutely hate it. If eBay didn't have the massive fraud problem it has, I'd be using that exclusively. Ricardo has absolutely awful customer service, they don't give a rat's ass about loyal sellers, they treat everyone like s**t as soon as they cashed in on their (massive) transaction costs, they do diddly squat about frivolous bids (you always lose money since you only get back the closing fee but no the setup fee for the auction when someone pulls a trick on you) and their billing is borderline illegal (in that the amount they bill is due immediately rather than the 10 days minimum the law provides. If you're on vacation when they bill you, you can easily come back to a locked account and the threat of a payment summons).

Peter