View Single Post
Old 19.01.2010, 15:03
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 372 Times in 255 Posts
Thanked 19,574 Times in 10,214 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sick kids in playgroups

Eh, sick kids hanging in the playgroups + playgrounds.. I mostly feel really bad for that sick kiddo for not being in bed, tucked in and taken care of properly. But it irks me too that people would not think of others getting ill.

I had some acquitances visit us at the maternity ward with two bronchitis kids (and anti vax too), which made me quickly adjust to how some of the parents are. I just always made sure next time we saw them that they are not ill (do they have a fever or a tbc cough?), yes, it did pish off the mom, but that's what you get... Those kids were not taken care properly until they developed pneumonia, so I hope the mom now knows now better.

It just does not make sense to me, to not treat a benign little thing early enough and just wait till it develops into something bigger, subjecting your child to discomfort and other children to your germs, blech.

Haha, I even went to a playgroup before xmas, everybody was trying to meet up in that festive atmosphere, so I understand. But there was a mom with a face mask, saying how she is ill and does not want to infect anybody..How sensitive. Jeezumpetes. Stay home, chill, take an aspirin and vits, socialization of your child can wait. It makes me laugh, but feel bad for those who got ill over the holidays, no fun.