View Single Post
Old 19.01.2010, 15:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 9,934 Times in 4,178 Posts
Carlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sick kids in playgroups

Quote:
I would also feel sorry for such a child and my son would definitely be at home taking it easy but how do you apply that when they are in the early stages of a bug and haven't developed symptoms at that time? They are merrily spreading it around their chums via dribble, sneezing and putting plastic toys in each others mouths but nobody looks sick.

Yet.

Best you can do is notice that they are a bit naughty or a bit loud or a bit quiet or a bit off their food or they don't like the red fire engine today or his horoscope looks a bit doubtful or perhaps there is no change to their norm whatsoever.

"But you SHOULD have kept him at home!!" they'll say with hands on hips and a disapproving look.
The OP wasn't really about keeping children home before they are sick, but rather when they are sick.

I agree that you can't fault anyone for sending their children to school because they might be sick, but you sure as hell can when they are and at their most contageous stage (i.e. just after symptoms have blossomed). And I'm not talking about a runny nose or cold - they are part and parcel of first few years of kindergarten.