View Single Post
Old 16.02.2010, 10:06

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
amania has no particular reputation at present
Re: Looking for a SPA PEDICURE

hello crfesi,

sorry but you just cant compare the prices btw the US and switzerland... the cost / expense ratio is just simply not compareable. the cost of running a business alone can't be compred, neither can the wholesale price of products and hourly rate of an employee.

besides, as a beautician, some of the feet we get in, are just simply horrendous!

plus the quality of work in comparison to the US cannot be compared either. when i'm in the US, most time's i'm done in 20 mins (30 mins if i get a massage). cuticules and nail plate are not properly cleaned and the callus is only scrubbed superficially. sometimes i doubt, some of the ladies hold a comparable certificate. admittadly, i know nothing of the minimum qualifiaction needed to practice beauty in the US (is a part-time evening course enough to look for employment or open your own business???)

you also have to take into consideration, that we as fully qualified beauticians, are trained to recognise any condition or contaigous diseases, when not to touch them and if they belong into the hands of a doctor!

plus you'd want your pedicurist to be working with sterile equiptment, that means fresh nail files and sterilised equiptment...

taking all this into consideration, i'm looking at material cost of about 12 to 15 francs - that is not including my shop rent, my salary and the possible overtime i spend, if i have to work on feet longer than 45 mins (not including applying the polish)...

so thanks to all of you for your consideration towards your beautician!
keyah