Thread: Man with Van
View Single Post
Old 24.02.2010, 15:08

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Myth is considered knowledgeableMyth is considered knowledgeableMyth is considered knowledgeable
Re: Man with Van

Quote:
View Post
I moved on the weekend with the help of a guy by the name of Emil Chamo, who wasn't bad. He helped me take everything apart, put it all together for me and secured it all very nicely in the van. I think it ended up costing me 280 francs for 3 hours, and he came and picked me and my things up and then did stops at all the places I had to pick furniture up from.
He also does a service at Ikea where you just have to look up on the internet what you want, and he'll go and pick it up (and pay for it) for 90CHF and come and help you put it together (not sure whether that costs more or not), which is a bit cheaper than what they charge you at Ikea.
His number is 079 302 73 42 and he speaks quite good English (he's Israeli).
He was really keen for business and willing to negotiate a deal (and was really keen for me to tell other expats about his services).
I read all the 4 pages to find a recommendation in Basel area. Found this as the only one. Will this guy move Furnitures from Basel to Uster?

Any idea how much (roughly) it would cost to move furnitures from Basel to Zurich (Uster)?