View Single Post
Old 25.02.2010, 23:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute
What happens after the tax return is submitted - is it complicated?

Hi all

As part of our initial relocation package, we had our 2008 return prepared by an accountant, who did a great job and it was finally submitted about a month ago - we're waiting to see how that goes. We'd like to use him again this year to keep life simple, but he is rather expensive.

After some umm-ing and ahh-ing, the accountant has said that he can give us a reduced price for 2009, but for that he will only prepare the return up to submission, as opposed to the 2008 company-funded full service which includes any follow-up necessary with the tax office until the point the money is paid.

Now, this seems a good deal - after all, what can possibly go wrong once the perfectly completed return is submitted, right? But can more experienced people here let me know what I'd actually be agreeing to - should I just pay the extra (not a show-stopping amount, but about 35% more) and get the full end-to-end service, or take the discount and do any follow-up work myself?

For reference, I'm a bit nerdy and quite like finance matters, and have good enough French for any necessary conversations.

Thanks a lot.

kodokan