View Single Post
Old 01.03.2010, 19:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 119 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 6,909 Times in 3,268 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rental Agent Charges

Quote:
View Post
Hi, Had a quick question around residential searches and relocation agents.

Viewed a property I found on Homegate and met an agent at the viewing. Asked a few questions about renting in Zug and was sent a few links to suitable properties etc. Did not sign a contract with the agent, did ask about fee's and pricing should I choose to use them but was not provided with anything.

Several phone calls later I was sent a large bill for services and asked to pay within 15 days. Is this normal?

Also been told if I donít pay I will be registered in Zug for having a bad debt. Can this happen even though I did not employ their services?

Thanks
All my clients sign an agreement before we agree to work together outlining the fees and services to be provided. Very often there is an initial meeting, emails or phonecalls but if no agreement is signed, there are no fees.

Without the necessary backup, it will be very difficult to collect a debt from you. I suggest you look carefully at the emails you sent, etc to be sure you did not enter into an agreement.

If this agency is really good at deceiving people, do everyone a favour and publish the Homegate ad so others will be well advised to steer clear of them. But before you do this, you better triple check that you didn't miss somethign in mice type.

This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post: