View Single Post
Old 09.03.2010, 16:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,636 Times in 810 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do speeding fines work in Switzerland?

Just a timely reminder that spring will be here soon and it means one thing...as soon as some warm weather appears the police will be coming out of hibernation with their weapons of mass deduction. When the weather was warmer last week I even saw them active in a 30km/h zone.

There also seems to be a lot of questions about the scale of fines. I decided to translate probably the best reference there is to speeding fines, which is the ACS Bussenkatalog.

The table of Administrative Actions in the Bussenkatalog continues for about 4 pages, so I only included the first section. If you need the subsequent pages, you don't need my help...you know the drill already.

What I forgot to include was measured speed deductions for particular devices to determine infringement speed:

Speeds to 100km/h: - 3 Laser fix, -5 Radar Fix, -7 Radar moblie
101-150km/h: - 4 Laser fix, -6 Radar Fix, -8 Radar moblie
over 150km/h: -5 Laser fix, -7 Radar Fix, -9 Radar mobile

Important: This information relates only to a simple speeding offences. If other circumstances exist (unlicensed, intoxicated, dangerous driving, accident, injuries, etc.) then it's a whole different ball game.

UPDATE : See also this thread regarding new penalties for serious speeding that came into force in January 2013.

http://www.englishforum.ch/transport...new-fines.html

Last edited by mirfield; 11.02.2013 at 12:10. Reason: Added link to updated penalties for serious speeding.
The following 9 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post: