View Single Post
Old 16.03.2010, 20:13
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,341 Times in 499 Posts
arrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond repute
American Dental Hygienist in Zürich

Hi everyone,
I would like to announce the opening of my new dental hygiene practice, near Sihl City, in Zürich. It is called Dental Hygiene Praxis Zürich-Binz.

As an American dental hygienist, I have had the opportunity to live and work in five countries and to discover the big differences of dentistry in them. I realized the key determining factor to dental health is always the existence of professional dental hygiene. The countries, which have this concept in place, for all ages, have far fewer problems than the countries which do not. Additionally, I am a HUGE fan of active preventive and GENTLE care. With proper instruments and a light touch, dentistry should never hurt. For all these reasons and the passion I have for my work, I decided to open my own practice. (I love it!)

I have put a lot of energy into creating a spa-like atmosphere, allowing patients to lie back and relax. Bring your I-Pod and plug into the headphones, or listen to the sounds of nature, as you entrust your care to my hands. If you have a tendency to get cold, there are fluffy white blankets for your use, as well as towels, face and eye shields to keep your business clothes and face clean.

If you have children, please bring them along, as I am a big believer in pro-active trauma prevention. Children, who have the opportunity to observe the comfort of their parents in the dental chair, will welcome their own chance to be treated. I worked for a pediatric dentist in US, and take pleasure in their treatment. I figure it is easier to take time for small children, than to repair traumatized adults...

You will certainly like my intra-oral camera. You have never seen the inside of your mouth on this level, as it zooms into the smallest details and reproduces the images onto a monitor, just in front of the dental chair. It is my conviction, that patients are basically good people, whom we should respect and not scold. If they are involved and informed about the condition of their teeth and gingiva, they will respond.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this introduction.I am always happy to answer your dental questions, either on-line, off-line or in my office. Wish me luck, as my husband says I should be "Mother Theresa" and not a business woman. I hope to prove him wrong.
Susan

Susan Schlessinger
Dental Hygiene Praxis
Zürich-Binz
044 536 6019

www.healthysmile.ch (still in development)
info@healthysmile.ch
Attached Thumbnails
american-dental-hygienist-z-rich-susansdhp.jpg   american-dental-hygienist-z-rich-teeth-1.jpg   american-dental-hygienist-z-rich-susansmap.jpg  

Last edited by jrspet; 16.03.2010 at 21:02. Reason: Added images and map link as requested
The following 5 users would like to thank arrow for this useful post: