View Single Post
Old 18.03.2010, 23:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 311 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 8,573 Times in 3,775 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How does the social assistance of health costs work?

Quote:
View Post
The thing that is worrying me the most is that my medication costs so much. A month's supply sets me back over 500 CHF. Plus I have been prescribed several other 'one off' medications which have not been cheap. Because I am on social aid I am on a very limited income and today I had to ask the pharmacist for a bill for a prescription because I do not have enough money to pay for it. Very embarrassing - and worrying because I need this stuff to get better and what do I do if they refuse to bill me?
Sorry I can't help you on the first question. But here is a suggestion for the second part. Show your health insurance card to the pharmacist and tell them to send the bills direct to the insurance company. They will pay the bill and invoice you later for the difference between your franchise and the amount of the bills.

At least that is what I do. At the beginning of the year they usually invoice me back the full about (but two months or so after the event) telling me that I have not covered the franchise amount, but as the year progresses it eventually drops down to about 10%.

Good luck with that,

Jim