View Single Post
Old 24.03.2010, 18:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,255 Times in 836 Posts
Thanked 19,889 Times in 7,668 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious mattress advice needed... need more sleep...

Well, after the long-running saga that was me finding a mattress, and after Nicky's never-ending snorting amusement about me cyber-stalking every mattress seller on EF and in Zurich with what could only be described as bot-like repetition (no-one should ever pay full price for a **** IKEA mattress, read so many horror stories about them), I finally found what I was looking for at a fantastic German company called... *drumroll*

Ravensberger® Matratzen http://www.ravensberger-matratzen.de/

Basically they do a brilliant set of latex mattresses for about 40% cheaper than the nearest Swiss equivalent. I just bought the 160cm "Naturlatex" mattress with all the trimmings as seen here http://ravensberger-matratzen.de/pro...e83d8220eb7a38 for 540 EUR. With the EUR so weak vs the chuff, this meant that a natural latex bed worked out at a piddling 770 CHF... when the Swiss equivalent would easily be well over 1000 chuffs.

And the best bit? Yup, they actually, genuinely, not only take off DE tax to start with and sort CH tax at the border (and bill you later)... but they charge a stupendously low shipping price of 10 EUR to take it all the way from Germany to your doorstep. Yes, 10 EUR. There are places in CH that charge 100 CHF+ within Switzerland.

So anyway, I recieved it today, and tonight will be my first sleep on the beauty. I had a preliminory hours lie on it this morning and it seemed firm and supportive, yet with plenty of give. I'll report back on the nights sleep tommorrow morning, i'm sure you'll literally all sit there on the edge of your seats refreshing the thread in anticipation.
The following 6 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: