View Single Post
Old 04.04.2010, 16:44
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
magic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Limited company and payroll

Quote:
View Post
About "The agencies who are contacting me all claim, that I can't use my Limited company in the UK to invoice them and I will have to go through them as a payroll company"
It all gets very complicated with work permits & Quellensteur (income tax deducted at source.
Although in theory you can use a limited company, I assume the agencies are all worried about getting stuck with a big tax bill if the limited company does not follow the correct tax procedures.
Problem is most countries want to tax you in the country you are working even if you are not resident there. It becomes a real pain when I want to do a gig in another country as they immediatly have local laws etc that they want you to register and pay tax etc in that country.

The fact that you may have your own company etc, they do not want to really know that. Kind of makes the freedom of movement and being allowed to do business on an international level quite tough especially if you are one man GmbH.