Thread: Hd Tv
View Single Post
Old 12.01.2006, 23:00
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hd Tv

Quote:
Hi Gav

It was never my intention to pay for sky as even in the uk I find the price horrendous unless you are a couch potato which I am definitely not (most of the time...).

I do have a FTA digital satellite used for BBC and ITV and have thought about getting other channels for small fees but as I tend not to be a teleholic have not bothered. Perhaps the temptation of watching movies on a 50" Plasma might tempt me.

Btw I had a lonnnnngggg conversation over the weekend about 42" vs 50". In particular the heating problems and associated noise of cooling with the 50"ers. Did you do any research wrt this before you bought yours?

Richard
Well, I chose a 32" LCD as it was big enough for my smallish living room and I just think that LCD is a better technology than Plasma. Less power consumption and heat, but more importantly no burn-in issues.

The issues with the defect aside, it is a great set and I'd recommend a good LCD flatscreen to anybody.

Gav