View Single Post
Old 17.08.2006, 15:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Yokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fact Sheet #1 - Car Registration and Number Plates

After reading all this all I can say is that life was so much simpler back home. You are not making car ownership appear attractive to me

Western Australia -
Buy car, pay transfer charges (admin & tax) to register in your name, pay registration annually (admin & 3rd party injury insurance), then just drive until you sell or xx years until the wheels fall off.

- No mandatory property/vehicle insurance. Your choice to risk or not.
- No papers to be carried. Just attach plates and affix annual registration sticker to windscreen.
- No regular roadworthy checks. Only spontaneous checks if you upset a police officer.
- You dont even have to carry your drivers licence. If you are stopped by the police, they may radio in the name and address you provide, and you have to present your drivers licence to a police station with the fine for confirmation.

Actually if you dont travel international (no Passport) and dont drive (no Drivers Licence) you dont have any formal ID.

Oh I'm getting homesick now