View Single Post
Old 10.04.2010, 18:06
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 20 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,204 Posts
amaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Worrying feedback from Kindergarten teacher

as a mother and a teacher i would say, take adeep breath- it's never easy to hear someone recommend 'special' services for our children- esp. when it's done in such a manner. but, i would also bring your child at least 3 times (my own thing, i give most things with my son 3 chances- usually one or two is not enough to see if it does any good) and see what the therapist says and if nothing more to appease the teacher a bit. if it's not for your little one, you can at least say you've explored the option and go from there.

but, you never know. anytime your child has a chance to get any extra support at that age- be it language support, motor skills support, etc. it can't do any harm. she can sharpen her skills even if they are already normal and she may actually enjoy it- the attention, the exercises, etc.

and i think as a parent if you at least try it and find it isn't necessary you have more of an argument if you wanted to discuss the teacher's tactics and skills of the teacher.

best of luck!
The following 5 users would like to thank amaraya for this useful post: