View Single Post
Old 14.04.2010, 17:15

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
frayedknot has no particular reputation at present
Re: Uk clients and tax and bank transfers

thanks AbFab and Marton.

I think i'm getting myself in a bit of a tangle due to my lack of experience.

Is there a useful resource or website that I can get guidelines on what I should be doing? Or maybe I can seek advice at my Swiss bank? I've found the taxation.ch site, but i think I need it spelt out to me simply.

If i'm only running a very small company should I be charging only 'all-in' fees to customers in the UK and not mention any thing about VAT or tax, and then I assume I just submit this in January or whatever and the Swiss authorities will take the income tax off that. And I should just take account of this percentage in my original rates.

I apologise again for my basic level of enquiry, again please do just feel free to direct me to a page or thread that has previously spelt it out and say 'just read this!'

If there are any freelancers who have 'been through' this then any advice/pointers would be gladly welcomed.

I will have a look at the Swiss Paypal site, as it may be the simplest approach and cheapest for my clients. Although their charges are a little unfavorable. If this gets around the UK tax problem or avoids any possible problem that would be good. Although if using a UK account isn't a problem I guess that I could just do one transfer of everything at the end of the month and suck up the fixed charge myself.

thank you again.